Saturday, October 3, 2009

Its gotta be red just not fluoro green.

I have ripped off some red rooster graphics to design my reports(A glimpse into my dietary habits unfortunately). I'm sure if I designed the report layout on a Sunday morning the report would have been inspired by a Berroca and/or the VB logo. Anyway. I honestly think that these graphics add a touch of class to the reports. Really ! I guess I'll leave that up to the tutors. I found that one of most under appreciated skills is designing an effective BI interface. There is an art in designing these report, which I have definitely not mastered . Maintaining functionality, clarity whilst presenting the data in such a manner that instils elegance and professionalism whilst avoiding becoming bland or worst yet, the stylishly ugly. I have found the website www.juiceanalytics.com a really great resource for report design, loaded with lost of tips and tricks. However I think they need to work on their sales pitch. For a fee they will review your reports and provide you with a elegant designs. Judging from the fluoro green monstrosity (below) they boast as a glowing sample of their work , it looks pretty but im not sure my eyes wouldn't appreciate the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment